Mooroes Cheltenham Festival Competition 2014
Mooroe’s Cheltenham Festival Competition 2014 sponsored by Place a Bet Online, is back for a second year and this time the prizes promise to be bigger.
As sponsors of this prestigious competition we are coughing up a £50 final prize to one lucky winner on top of the prize fund detailed below. There will also be a daily prize of £10 FREE CREDIT to use at mFortune Mobile Casino for the days biggest earner.
Last year 77 players took part and it was Simon Shepherd who took the 1st prize of £200. There were 14 prizes given out in total last year and it was a great craic!
This year the set up will be similar to last year, as one selection per race will have a £2 virtual each way stake placed.
- This year all players will be required to select a banker each day instead of one for the festival; a banker is the horse you feel has the best chance of romping home. Bankers can be the difference between winning and losing this competition, as all bankers receive an additional £4 virtual win stake.
- Entry fees are £7 each (via PayPal).
- £5 will go to the prize fund as per last year.
- 50p per person per day will be put together and the competition organiser will place a WIN bet on the accumulated highest count of Banker picks for that day (must be 2/1 or more, if the highest count is below this price, the next highest and so on until a horse with a bigger price than 2/1 is picked).
- Any winnings will be added to the prize fund pot. For example, if we have 77 entrants as per 2013 and on Tuesday 11th March Champagne Fever had 60% of banker picks for that day for the Champion Hurdle, we would take 50p per player (£38.50) and put a Win bet on that horse. If it wins at say 5/1 I will add the £230.50 winnings to the prize fund.
- In the event of a Non Runner selection, horse number 1 will be selected as a replacement if you have not amended your pick by the start of race one on that day.
- If you do not make selections by the start of race one on any day, horse number 1 will be selected as a replacement in each race.
Competition entry closes on Saturday 8th March 2014